I got to play with the new Photoshop CS5 and I have to say it's absolutely brilliant. Although I am not very good at using it, I easily removed the wedding rings off of 4 women with my skills :).

Ring 1 - Close-up

For this I had to carefully select around the ring, including the shadow on the left side. The edges can be pretty rought, you don't need the exact shape of the ring in the selection. Then I pressed Edit -> Fill -> Selected content aware fill -> Pressed ok and voila :

Before

After



Time needed: 1 minute. Image source : Wikimedia

Ring 2 - Tanned hands

I gently selected around the ring, paying attention to the edges of the fingers. Then pressed SHIFT-F5, selected content-aware fill and pressed OK.

Before


After


Time needed: 1 minute. Image source : Wikimedia

Rings 3&4 - 2 hands - no rings

Selected Spot Healing Brush Tool, and in the config panel I selected Content-Aware Type. Then I adjusted the brush size to be a bit over the width of the ring and carefully brushed over each ring. And that's it !!!

Before


After

Time needed: 3 minutes. Image source : Wikimedia

So it took just 5 minutes in total to do that. There might still be small glitches to fix, but 99% of the job is done in one minute.